We asked our Talent Acquisition (TA) team for their thoughts on the most important things job seekers should know when embarking on their careers at LHC Group. Our team proudly shared their feedback.
Check out what they had to say about our workplace built on care, belonging and trust:
- Career Growth and Mobility: The advancement opportunities are tremendous. LHC Group is a great place to grow professionally and personally. Leaders encourage their employees to grow and move their careers forward – whether it’s within their part of the organization or taking a new career path. If you want to grow personally and professionally, LHC Group offers many ways to continue your education and strengthen your skills through programs like our partnership with the University of Louisiana-Lafayette and tuition reimbursement.
2. One-on-one patient care. One of the best advantages of working for LHC Group is providing one-on-one patient care. You are enabled to make real, rewarding connections with your patients and their families. You can provide personalized care, knowing that you have a large team backing you up and supporting you 24/7. Courtney Shoemaker, an LHC Group recruiter, told us: “A career at LHC Group allows you the opportunity to work independently while providing high-quality, one-on-one personal care where patients feel the most comfortable – in their home.”
3. Shared values: We are a values-based organization dedicated to helping people. Here at LHC Group, it’s all about helping people. Our actions are guided by our “Six Pillars of Excellence”: people, service, quality, efficiency, growth, and ethics. As a result, the services we provide allow you to truly make a difference in the lives of patients and their families. You can end each day with a sense of accomplishment that comes from knowing you are improving an individual’s quality of life. As Dana Nunn, LHC Group Sourcer, shared: “LHC Group not only offers an incredibly rewarding and impactful career but opportunities for growth. Our services offer a deep sense of fulfillment and job satisfaction.”
4. Giving Back: LHC Group always endeavors to make a difference in the communities where we work, live, and serve. We provide significant annual support for charitable organizations that align with our mission. Through programs like The Hospice Promise Foundation and our partnership with the American Red Cross, we strive to make a difference for individuals in LHC Group communities around the nation.
In addition, we established The Purpose Fund in 2013 as a hardship relief fund designed to assist our employees in times of crisis. The Purpose Fund allows employees to apply for financial assistance for qualifying expenses such as critical illness or injury, fire, natural disasters, and more. Employees can elect to contribute to the fund through payroll deduction and/or various fundraisers held throughout the year.
5. Work-life Balance: LHC Group provides flexibility and work-life balance– so you can take care of the things that matter most to you. A career at LHC Group gives you the flexibility to provide skilled care to patients in your community while also being there for important events in your life such as school pick-ups, doctor’s appointments, running errands, or checking in on a friend or family member. As our recruiter, Selina Most, said: “The work-life balance LHC Group offers makes you feel at home in your career because you have time for the things that matter to you. You’ll be able to take time for yourself and protect your health.”
Whether it’s a welcoming atmosphere centered on care or opportunities for flexibility and work-life balance, LHC Group offers careers with purpose. Our mission is helping people, and this goes for our employees as well as our patients and their families.
If you’re looking for a home for your career – one with a bright, positive outlook where you will feel valued, appreciated, and rewarded for the great work you do – we’d love to connect with you.
Visit us and learn more about YOUR career opportunities: Careers.LHCGroup.Com